A One Month Anniversary Of This!

I wasn't going to post anything today, because I'm not finished with either story that I'm working on. But then I noticed that I started this blog exactly one month ago today... Well, I can't ignore this date just because I haven't finished scanning stuff...

So my 25th post will celebrate the one month anniversary of Four Baggers and Foreclosures!

Here's Bartolo Colon!


I started this blog because I needed to start getting some of the hundreds of abandoned building and baseball card stories out of my head and out of my notebooks. My hopes were that an audience may exist that would appreciate at least one end of that completely unrelated spectrum...

Wow, there is an audience for this!?

I've had over 1600 page views in my first month! I was expecting 16...

Yay! Happy One Month Anniversary to Four Baggers and Foreclosures...

Here's Kirby Puckett!


Other than throwing up a link on facebook and twitter when I post a story, I've done no promoting. I was thrilled to get on the sports card blog roll, and I get a nice amount of traffic from there...

But my urban decay stories draw bigger numbers... Which is great, but confusing to me... While I am telling card collectors that I've written stories about card collecting, so that makes sense. But I'm not telling urban decay fans that I've got fresh abandoned building stories...

I wouldn't even know how to do that...

Hooray? And a Happy One Month Anniversary to Four Baggers and Foreclosures...

Here's an abandoned gas station in Genola, Minnesota!


There's still a lot of things I want to do with this blog. I want to add cool and useful links to the sidebars, like links to the other blogs I read, and lists of cards I need to complete sets, and lists of what I need to pick up from the store on my way home from work... But I have either (A) not found the time to teach myself how to do any of this, because I honestly have no clue how I even put what I've got online up here... -or- (B) too busy with everything else to get everything done... Or started... -or- (C) I do apologize for figuring out how to put ads on here... I could use a couple nickles...

Much to my non-surprise, it's very time consuming when you force yourself to write a decent story every day. Or at least a story every day...

Yip yip yippeee... Happy One Month Anniversary to Four Baggers and Foreclosures...

Hey Colorado! Here's Mike Hampton!


But I feel I'd be letting myself down if I wasn't getting decent content out, as often as I possibly can...

I'm a big fan of content...

Following the activity on my stories is motivating me to get more posted... I was writing this stuff anyway, may as well let other people see it! More importantly, a blog allows me to put stuff online that I want to look at! Coming up with the appropriate images and links, adds to these stories in a way that self publishing zines can't do... (Which is a double edge sword, my love for producing a printed-on-paper zine is far greater than doing this. But that's not practical for this material...)

Like I said in my first ever post on this blog, Wasted Quarter still exists. And there will be more issues of Wasted Quarter. But the material covered there can now exclude these stories, and I can use the print medium to explore other topic ideas. Ones that maybe wouldn't work here as well...

Kazookerz! And a Mega Happy One Month Anniversary to Four Baggers and Foreclosures...

Hey Honkass! Here's Jeff Innis!


There is a big bunch of more urban decay and junk wax retrospectives coming!

Sincerely, huge thanks to you all for reading!


And I'll be back in a couple days with another overlooked baseball card set I collected, 
after I tear down a middle school...


Happy One Month Anniversary to Four Baggers and Foreclosures...


Weetpenervittles

Comments

  1. I've nbeen following along with your posts. Haven't commented until now. Enjoy the posts about the abandoned buildings. It's a hood mix with the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm trying to keep a good mix of everything, so it doesn't get too heavy in one area.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Someone else liked these...

Demolishing the NE Business Center and Zayre - Columbia Heights, MN

Dinner Break! - Burger Time - Coon Rapids, MN

What Happened to Clark's Submarine Sandwich?

Dinner Break! - Burger King - St. Cloud, MN

New Old ebay Expos with Zeal, Plus 2023 Stadium Club and 2024 Topps

Abandoned Mall: Villa Italia Mall - Lakewood, CO

Abandoned Movie! United Artists Theater - Greenwood Village, CO

The End of the Broadway Motel - Denver, CO

Grumpies... The Coolest Coon Rapids Has Ever Been!

Abandoned Retail - Brookdale Mall, Sears & Perkins!