A Jacked-Up Retail Hit!!!

This juiced addition to my collection came via a Target Blaster of Topps Fire. I seem to be doing pretty well with retail this year, and this Canseco is more than welcome to join in...


While I've never been a Canseco fan, he's a notorious figure whose name will forever be a significant part of baseball history.

I was at the Metrodome in the late 1980's, when a large percentage of Twins fans were chanting "Steroids" during his at-bats. And yes, I sometimes partook in the heckling...

But Jose came clean after retiring, which is kind of admirable in a way. From interviews I've read, he's fairly humble on the subject, and has a good sense of humor about what he did.

While not a hero, an autograph from one of my most hated players in the early days of collecting seems like something I need to have...

Plus, it's a parallel, numbered 23/50.

So that's extra cool!


And here's a photo from an abandoned Chinese buffet in Lakewood, Colorado. 

This is going to be a very short post as my plate is quite full...

The last few weeks have been spent looking for a place to live, and moving into said place to live, setting up our new place to live, and buying stuff that we need in our place to live...

But fret not!

This is Post 99 in the history of Four Baggers...

That's one less than 100...

I'm writing this to get it out of the way, so I can publish my big 100th blog post!

(Just as soon as I get enough time to write the dame thing!)

Recently, Laura and I spent an extended weekend on the shores of Lake Superior in Northern Minnesota. It was a wonderful time, a brief oasis in the vast sea of stress, anxiety and overwhelmedness... A penthouse view of the Great Lake, complimented by our favorite weather changes setting the backdrop.

It was perfect!

While visiting that small pocket of awesomeness, I stumbled into Globe News. A combination newsstand, record shop, card shop, etc... All the stuff I love seeing in stores, in a store! We had to stop and see what they had to offer!


Stuffed in the back was a baseball card shop with an absolutely stunning supply of quality vintage 1960's and 1970's Topps singles. I plugged some major gaps in early team sets of not only the Twins, but Montreal Expos and Seattle Pilots as well...

Yeah, it was expensive... And more than I should have spent, but I found a great supply of singles that have evaded my searches. I just needed a new market to explore!

So there's a good chance the 100th Four Baggers post may have a thing or two to do with that...

I just have no clue when I'll finish it...


October 2018 also marks the 25th Anniversary of Wasted Quarter. And I definitely want to write something about that...

But there are also a big bunch of more stories planned to show up on here, just as soon as I can write them...

With as focused as I've been on baseball the last few posts, I've fallen behind on writing about abandoned stuff, so I may have to post an old Englewoodian favorite soon...

Stay tuned!


Oh how much love I'd have given Topps if they'd slapped that autographed Canseco sticker on a picture from the 2002 Montreal Expos Spring Training Camp!






Go Rockies!


Comments

  1. Sweet pull! Congratulations on 100...if you get to write the damn thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Someone else liked these...

Demolishing the NE Business Center and Zayre - Columbia Heights, MN

Dinner Break! - Burger Time - Coon Rapids, MN

What Happened to Clark's Submarine Sandwich?

Dinner Break! - Burger King - St. Cloud, MN

New Old ebay Expos with Zeal, Plus 2023 Stadium Club and 2024 Topps

Abandoned Mall: Villa Italia Mall - Lakewood, CO

Abandoned Movie! United Artists Theater - Greenwood Village, CO

The End of the Broadway Motel - Denver, CO

Grumpies... The Coolest Coon Rapids Has Ever Been!

Abandoned Retail - Brookdale Mall, Sears & Perkins!