Andover Liquor - Andover, MN

This is going to be a quick post to show off a few pictures I took of a closed Liquor Store in Andover, MN, last November. A writing warm-up exercise for switching my thought processes back to a completely different way of thinking, as well...


I saw this place while driving on my way to a friend's house. On the way back I made a brief stop in the parking lot, gave the building the quickest of walk-arounds and left.


Just in case this very official warning letter from the Silent-Knight Alarm Co. was even slightly accurate, I wanted to leave before the sharks with lasers attached to their heads were unleashed to get me...


Besides Andover Liquor's masterpiece of a sign, I have to give them credit for that sweet weathervane on the roof. Not sure what the M represents.

Well, it's Andover, so I'm going to go with M is for Mmmmmm... Liquor!


The cashier area. Featuring an unusual number of glass jars behind the counter, some other stuff that looks rather out of place and a really sweet RC Cola sign.


Judging from the state of the retail floor, I'm assuming Andover Liquor had recently closed, and was currently being cleared out.


Empty cooler doors always look extra sad inside a closed retail space. 

While I know nothing about Andover Liquor, have never been here and never saw the place open. I'm assuming there was a bar inside the liquor store. Given the buckets for beer bottles and other tell-tale signs. Such as this next door...


The unnamed space gives all the clues that this was the drinkin' part of the building. 


Where patrons could play... Uh... Neon Hopscotch? 

I have no idea what that in the floor is supposed to be...


Fake wood panelling combined with sheetrock... 

This fooling anybody?


Damn Silent Knight! You scared me! 

And you forgot DRAGONS!!!

As I walked back to the car, I started imagining Silent Knight as a tubby redneck that plays World Of Warcraft on his phone, while driving around the county in his pick-em-up truck all day.

But I'm sure their operation is a little more high tech than their yellow 3-hole punched paper with blue marker (and almost a misspelled letter B), scotched taped to the inside of the window signage would imply...

That's got to be part of their gimmick!


Goodbye Andover Liquors...

A building that actually looks like it's slouching over, staring at the ground.

Which I really like!

******

But far more importantly!

Keep a vigilant eye out...

Use Silent Knight Security Systems International if you need...

There's a very special 25th anniversary coming to Four Baggers soon...


Brought to you by Wasted Quarter Issue 66...

Comments

  1. Unless an owner dies or something like that, you seldom see a liquor store closing up. Especially these days when getting as drunk as possible seems like a really good action plan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Someone else liked these...

Abandoned Movie - Kitty's South (The Webber Theater) - Denver, CO

Our Happy Birfday Fan Zone Fun Time Whatever - St. Cloud MN

What Happened to Clark's Submarine Sandwich?

Dinner Break! - Burger King - St. Cloud, MN

Abandoned Mall: Villa Italia Mall - Lakewood, CO

Abandoned Retail - Brookdale Mall, Sears & Perkins!

The Hawley Grain Elevator Fire - Hawley, MN

Dinner Break! - Burger Time - Coon Rapids, MN

Abandoned Auto - Saxon Motors - Elk River, MN

Ghosts of Riverdale Past - Coon Rapids, MN