Washington Nationals and Stephen Strasburg, World Champions!

Congratulations to the Washington Nationals for winning the 2019 World Series! It was a very exciting Series, with the road team winning every game. That had never been done before. The Astros were heavily favored, but the Nationals kept coming back in the late innings, then holding Houston back.


It's a bittersweet win for me. 

Happy as hell for the franchise, and I love that they are 2019 World Series Champions...

But it should have been the Montreal Expos...


My 2019 World Champions has a much better ring to it!

Anyways...

All the best to Washington. This was the first World Series I really cared about since rooting hard for the 2015 Kansas City Royals. Other than watching games 4 and 5 in Washington ("LOCK HIM UP!"), I had to work for 5 of the 7 games, but I listened to the games on the radio. Sparing myself a big buncha Joe Buck!

Extra thanks to 2019 World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg for making my 2010 Bowman Chrome Autographed Rookie card just a little bit more valuable!


Funny story about that card... When 2010 Bowman Chrome was released, I decided that I really wanted an autographed Strasburg rookie from that set. It was huge in the hobby at the time, so damat I was going to take a shot at pulling one. Worked some overtime and splurged on two Hobby Boxes from Mike's Sports Cards (1991-2013) in Englewood, Colorado.


Mike's Sports Cards at the Way Cool Shops on South Broadway, back in September, 2003.

I silently committed to keep buying 2010 Bowman Chrome wax until I got the Strasburg. Fortunately, that release was stacked with strong rookie cards, so I figured I'd bulk up after the underwhelming Bowman sets of 2006-2009.

Imagine my shock when I cut the shrinkwrap from the box, laying on top, without opening a single pack, I see this...


Uhhh... Goal achieved?! 

Thanks Topps!

And thanks Nationals for the incredible postseason run!



My guys are World Champions!

(Kinda... Sorta... Not really...)


Oh, and because why not, here's an abandoned building!


Jimbo's Italian American Restaurant in Blaine, MN, was demolished a couple of days ago. An old drive-in that dated back to the 1950's, and stayed as a restaurant until 2018-ish? I'm not going to cover it here, but I have some good pictures for later...

Now bring on the offseason rumors and news!

Comments

Someone else liked these...

Abandoned Movie - Kitty's South (The Webber Theater) - Denver, CO

Our Happy Birfday Fan Zone Fun Time Whatever - St. Cloud MN

What Happened to Clark's Submarine Sandwich?

Dinner Break! - Burger King - St. Cloud, MN

Abandoned Mall: Villa Italia Mall - Lakewood, CO

Abandoned Retail - Brookdale Mall, Sears & Perkins!

The Hawley Grain Elevator Fire - Hawley, MN

Dinner Break! - Burger Time - Coon Rapids, MN

Abandoned Auto - Saxon Motors - Elk River, MN

Ghosts of Riverdale Past - Coon Rapids, MN